Pamela Gold grew up on her family’s apple farm in upstate New York, graduated from Yale University, and then entered the business world in NYC where she was the point person on an IPO at the age of 24. Leaving the workforce to start a family, she co-founded West Village Parents and went on to pursue her passion for fitness and wellness.
It was through this pursuit that she discovered yoga, which connected her love of philosophy, science, psychology, and wellness and eventually led her to discover her life’s work: teaching inner peace as the key to our greatest evolution and ultimately, world peace. Her book, Find More Strength: 5 Pillars to Unlock Unlimited Power and Happiness is full of tragedy to triumph personal stories, along with actionable tools to help increase power and happiness in life.
Episode Summary: Authenticity, Failure and Changing the World with Pamela Gold
- When you grow up on a farm, a lot of grit and resilience gets instilled
- We make our own luck
- The research shows that when you attempt problems that are beyond your capacity and you fail, there is something about that learning that makes you better able, when attempting it again, to be successful
- Failure is if we give up, it is not the setbacks
- Failure is not getting back up
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. There is no losing unless you stay down.
- Inner strength leads to inner peace
- As we get nearer to inner peace there is an unlocking of authenticity- our life purpose and how we can be of service
- Each of us has a unique genius or gift within us
- Leveling up of our awareness
- Areas of practice: gratitude, compassion, courage, surrender, and openness & curiosity
- Our job is to be as compassionate as possible – Buddha
Listen to the Audio
Learning From Leaders:
Best Movie Ever: True Romance
Leadership Superpower: Inspiration
Motivational Mantra: You’ve got to surf the waves
Leadership Trait to Pass to Next Generation: Compassion
Best Book Ever: The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Additional Items Mentioned
Lego artist, former lawyer: Mike Basich (YouTube Video)
Like This Post?
Sign up for my blog updates and never miss a post. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.