Scott Alan Turner is an early retiree who went from “money moron” (his words) to self-made millionaire in 13 short years. He has been debt free since 2009 and now spends his time helping others become financial rock stars through his best-selling book, a talk radio show, and his podcast. He has been quoted on Forbes.com, Business Insider, Money magazine, CNBC, and U.S. News and World Report.
Episode Summary: From Money Moron to Self-Made Millionaire with Scott Alan Turner
- The only thing my parents taught me about money was “saving is good”
- When you don’t have bills and you don’t have debt you can build wealth at an extraordinary rate
- The 3-legged stool. Income increase, marriage (consolidation), savings
- Small steps today can have a huge impact down the road on your finances.
- The compounding impact of small decisions made over time
- Become a conscious spender, a value based spender
- There is no negative to eating healthy
- Become a one-man wrecking crew
- Start with a safety net – 6-9 months of expenses.
- Wear many hats
- Avoid business debt – cash flow as you go
- Work life integration
Listen to the Audio
Learning From Leaders:
Current Book: Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook by Tony Robbins
Best Movie Ever: The Lord of The Rings (Trilogy)
Leadership Superpower: Unwavering Focus
Leadership Trait to Pass to Next Generation: Do whatever you want in life, just be the best at it.
Best Book Ever: How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Additional Items Mentioned
Like This Post?
Sign up for my blog updates and never miss a post. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.