Steve Robertson is the CEO of Julian Krinsky Camps & Programs, an organization specializing in youth-to-adult programming that turns curiosity into passion and skill. What started out as a weekly tennis camp quickly grew to include golf, cooking, business, fitness, academics and more.
Steve has been with the company for 18 years. In this role, his primary responsibility is to cultivate a culture that results in memories lasting a lifetime.
Episode Summary: The Confidence to Be a Serial Connector with Steve Robertson
- Serial Connector and energy leader
- Connect for the sake of growing, not “using” that relationship
- Connecting with people is like library books. Some are nice and you put them back when done. Others, impact you in a strong way
- How do you become a serial connector?
- Sincerely interested in getting to know people
- Be mindful and deliberate about meeting & connecting
- Pay attention to the person in front of you for the time they are in front of you
- Be deliberate about quality of experience, not quantity of business cards
- A small percentage of the population thrive on networking events
- Meaningful connections
- Balance, within reason, allowing kids to experience failure
- Give kids a chance to test things before they must commit long term
- We live and believe in a culture of honor
- It begins with your core really believing who you are
- Why is a strawberry red?
- Attitude is contagious
- Leadership is being able to speak to someone about their 10%
- Good attitude is just one focus away
- It is never too late to start again
Listen to the Audio
Learning From Leaders:
Current Book: The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
Best Movie Ever: The Matrix
Leadership Superpower: Inspiration and passion
Leadership Trait to Pass to Next Generation: Passion
Best Book Ever: A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
Additional Items Mentioned
Steve’s website (Julian Krinsky Camps & Programs) – Special link
Ender’s Game (movie)
Like This Post?
Sign up for my blog updates and never miss a post. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.