When Intel, Chevron, Disney, and Apple want to cultivate a new breed of leader, they turn to Cort Dial. By guiding individuals through frank self-evaluation, personal change, and the pursuit of extraordinary performance, Cort creates All-In Leaders, high achievers who recognize the power of human connection. He is the author of 2016’s #1 business book according to Globe & Mail, Heroes and Heretics
Episode Summary: Is Fear Driving Everything in Your Business?
- It’s all a relationship business. Customers know, like, and trust you.
- The Catalytic Leader- someone people want to be around
- Mantra- Baseball is for a season, character is for life
- If you look through history, leaders often begin as heretics, people thought they were crazy
- A heretic is a time traveler. Someone who can go to the future and come back and tell us what it’s going to be like
- Examples: Jobs, King, Kennedy, Galileo
- All great leaders do this
- People willing to change to be a part of that future
- All-in leaders capture the hearts and minds of their people to focus maximum attention and effort on a cause or movement
- What happens when we make promises we can’t deliver on?
- No one has to apologize for making results that are history making
- We have been convinced that there are limits to what we can accomplish, this just isn’t true
- Leaders are not created at leadership conferences
- Leadership happens when circumstances cause them to grow and act as a leader
- Enroll people through conversation
- A frank self-evaluation
- Emerging trends in business
- Fear- it is driving almost everything is business today
- Starts with leaders looking internal, what do they need to change?
- Be fearless yourself and reward people who ask tough questions
- The most common mistake businesses are making today: obsession with growth
- Enrollment is the ability to create a space where we can make an authentic choice
Listen to the Audio
Learning From Leaders:
Current Book: 100 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings: How to Get By Without Even Trying by Sarah Cooper
Best Movie Ever: Harvey
Leadership Superpower: Enrollment
Best Book Ever: Leadership: The Inner Side of Greatness A Philosophy for Leaders by Peter Koestenbaum
Additional Items Mentioned
Special Offer: Cortdial.com/modernleadership
Like This Post?
Sign up for my blog updates and never miss a post. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.