Whitney Johnson is the author of this month’s bookclub book Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work is the perfect book for us to deep dive into as business owners and leaders. Because it gives us permission- and not just permission- it actually encourages us to break the norm and build our own success curve. To be disruptive.
Whitney is one of the world’s most influential management thinkers, according to Thinkers50, and she is a podcast host- The Disrupt Yourself podcast.
Episode Summary: Disrupt Yourself & Surf The S Curve with Whitney Johnson
- Disruptors- silly things that people didn’t think would amount to much, but then changes the world.
- How do the rise quickly from obscurity to dominance? They did something original
- Surfing the S curve of innovation. A learning curve for disrupting yourself.
- 100% of waves are caught in the water
- You must be where you should be to catch the wave.
- Harness disruption- don’t be turned off course by the wave
4 disruption questions to ask yourself to discover if you are on the right curve
- Are you taking on the right risks?
- Are you playing to your distinctive strengths?
- Is this curve (activity) hard, but not debilitating?
- Are you gaining momentum?
- No S curve is wasted
Listen to the Audio
Learning From Leaders:
Current Book: The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastards, Book 1) by Scott Lynch
Leadership Superpower: Can name a person gift
Leadership Trait to Pass to Next Generation: Honesty
Best Book Ever: The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail (Management of Innovation and Change) by Clayton M. Christensen
Additional Items Mentioned
Ender’s Game (The Ender Quartet series Book 1) by Orson Scott Card
Like This Post?
Sign up for my blog updates and never miss a post. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.