Having a keen eye isn’t just for what one sees, but also for what one senses. Jeffrey Shaw, the LINGO guy, has been the go-to portrait photographer for an exclusive clientele for 30+ years. His portraits have appeared on The Oprah Show, CBS News, in “O” Magazine, People Magazine and New York Family Magazine. Jeffrey is also the host of the popular business podcast Creative Warriors and a featured speaker on The Moth.
Now Jeffrey uses his honed intuition to see and sense to help businesses stand out, attract their ideal customers, and create brand loyalty that supersedes price. His book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible helps business owners and entrepreneurs understand their ideal customers on a deeper level, increasing engagement and profits.
Episode Summary: The Secret Language Your Customers Are Speaking with Jeffrey Shaw
- As a society, we are progressing?
- I don’t have the luxury of worrying about memories, I’m trying to pay rent
- What now- what I was doing wasn’t working
- Working cheap is a never-ending cycle of hard work and poverty
- There are different types of clients, they need to be spoken to in different ways
- I wanted to have the full experience
- How do things look in the luxury market?
- It is the simplest things…
- Know how to communicate with your clientele
- Immerse yourself in the culture of your clientele. Where they will be
- Even if you have an online business it is important to take it offline and have a customer experience
- Understand your customer
- People don’t hire you because you are the best, but because you speak their language
- People have a driven deeper need that they don’t know how to express.
- Pareto principle- 80% of business comes from 20% of your customer
- 100% of our customers should “deserve” 100% of our time
- make sure all your clients are worth your time
- Eliminate those who are not your ideal customers
- Step 1: Ask the question, whom are you for?
- What is your style and
- It’s being who you are, not putting on a show
- Then, build a business that attracts them
- Become an expert- it requires action, doing
- Step 2: Create familiarity
- Creates comfort and stands out
- The power of familiarity
- Familiarity comes from curiosity
- Step 3: Present in the style of your customer
- Step: Attract by offering the right price
- Pricing has power because it creates perception
- Align price with your ideal customer
- What is the “focus” – price or not price
- Step 5: Use the words your ideal client uses
- Slow down to speed up
Listen to the Audio
Learning From Leaders:
Current Book: The Magic of Getting What You Want by David J. Schwartz
Best Movie Ever: The Matrix
Leadership Superpower: Empathy
Leadership Trait to Pass to Next Generation: Persistence
Best Book Ever: Think and Grow Rich: The Original by Napoleon Hill
Additional Items Mentioned
Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
The Magic of Thinking Big by David J Schwartz
Like This Post?
Sign up for my blog updates and never miss a post. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.